Fidelity Investments is committed to delivering the best customer experience in the financial services industry. We help millions of people save and invest through personal investment accounts and workplace savings plans. Our associates build long-term relationships with our customers, helping them navigate our full range of investor products and services, including one-on-one investment guidance, wealth management, retirement planning, income strategies, and college planning services, as well as integrated employee benefits solutions
We have 170+ Fidelity Investor Centers across the United States and continue to open several new branches each year. Branch representatives offer guidance and personalized investment solutions to our customers in a face-to-face setting, and help extend the reach of Fidelity's brand. It is our priority to deliver customized and effective service, and successfully anticipate clients’ emerging needs. At Fidelity, you’ll have the support of a well-rounded team of professionals, with full access to some of the best resources and tools in the industry. While you build relationships here, you’ll also be building your career.
Account Executives are responsible and accountable for building productive relationships with Fidelity's Mass Affluent investor base with greater than $250K in investable assets. In building their "books," our representatives will be working with existing Fidelity clients and with incoming leads to establish these long-standing relationships. It is expected that they will serve between 400 and 500 clients when they reach full capacity. Their primary role will be to serve our clients by offering them a single point of contact for all of their investment, planning, and guidance needs. This includes working directly with clients on their retirement, non-retirement, brokerage and cash management accounts.
· Identifies, executes and follows up on opportunities to gather additional client assets while engaging in client centered discussions.
· Initiates customer relationships through prospecting, lead utilization, local market and community involvement. Helps develop and execute the local market development plans through one on one client meetings and seminars.
· Attains designated business goals (Net-Promoter and Loyalty, Household Acquisition, Development, and Retention) at an individual level as well as a branch level.
· Leverages tools and resources available to proactively initiate, drive and maintain client engagement. (I.e. Book of Business, email and marketing tools).
· Adheres to compliance/risk procedures and exhibits detailed attention to disclosure policies by maintaining focus on customers' best interest.
· Develops long term client relationships by careful planning to meet clients immediate and future needs by providing and demonstrating solid financial planning skills and client centered advice and guidance interactions.
· Introduces clients to investment strategies and works with client to develop financial plan leveraging the appropriate Guidance tools.
· Positions appropriate products in the context of current needs as well as customer's long term financial plans.
· Quarterbacks the client relationship; educates clients on tools including products, guidance channels, service and trading.
· Educates outbound prospects or current clients to use technology and channels to monitor, maintain, service and manage their investments.
· Drives face to face customer appointments and interactions in the branch as well as outbound phone sale opportunities.
Education and Experience
5 + years of direct sales experience working with high net worth clients
7 + years of work experience
Bachelors degree preferred
CFP, CRA or CMFC a plus
Skills and Knowledge
Series 7 & 63 required prior to hire
Series 66 (63/65) and Insurance Licenses required (or to be obtained within 6 months of hire)
PC Skills and systems knowledge
Excellent communication and presentation skills
About Fidelity Investments
Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit www.fidelity.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Job: Financial Sales
Primary Location: US-OR-Portland - Investor Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Overtime Status: Exempt
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time